Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Deja Vu Like

 
Weather is amazing and amassing. This heat and this moisture are teaching about feelings, about feeling more. Most people I know are too self-conscious to talk about their feelings, when you think about it. Even when you think too much. Every year I am surprised by the change in light that Fall brings. I am: first, surprised; secondly, I feel small and vulnerable and chaotic in comparison to the systemic rhythms of the universe; then, I still feel surprised, but I also feel hungry.  That butter clarity of Fall light is always nearly cliché. Who isn't experiencing embarrassment at rememorying our past is sleeping. In the afternoon a nap is a good place for dreams. For over two decades I’ve been susceptible to nostalgia about the seasons. This happens out of the blue. When those clouds smear across a sunset vista, afternoon’s blue is torn again and again. Marks the away-slipping of day. Ordinarily wonderful, again and again.



*

No comments: