Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Musing Ze Bemusement du Phantase

This is the life. Air conditioning, machine made cubed ice and ozone-depravity induced 105 degree summer mornings. My word, I'm a lucky man. Woke to the therapeutic rhythm of my eleven year-old son's manicured hands massaging my edemic feet. His purposeful and strong hands kneaded my aches away before I was even cognizant of their presence. Glorious, good child. While my fingers worked to pry the eye-cake from my lashes, his eight year-old sister, humming perfect-pitched and angel stepping through the room so as not to disrupt her brother, brought my breakfast on an orderly serving tray up from the kitchen. Without speaking to each other (merely a glance to cue their attentive timing), they both then slipped silent out of the room, leaving me to dine languidly over my fluffed mushroom/brie omelet, twelve pieces of bacon, butter lathered rye toast and espresso. Some guys have all the luck -- but I'm not one of em. The thing of it is, is it's all in the parenting. My children's generosity of spirit is a direct reflection of the spectacularly well-placed lessons they've learned from my actions. No need in feigning humility here, as they themselves will be the first to offer praise and appreciation for the gifts of love and discipline that I heap on them daily. My remarkableness is astounding, even to me. Sometimes.


*~*
Lowell Lipton
(512) 656-4099

The BLOG:
http://carnefelize.posterous.com
http://carnefelize.blogspot.com

The WEB Site:
http://2yxc.zapd.co/?device=browser

•^•

No comments: